Re: !!!&$%^^ Heater Core/Control Valve

[AD removed for archives]
Free recipes to get you in shape
caacOlCb7yoMza/PermissionData

I had this problem about 15 years ago so my memory a little fogged, the heater control valve was leaking like a sieve
so we took the heater-core out or maybe just the valve? anyway at the time there was noway to fix it or find a replacement
so we had it welded up. I remember the guy welded a penny on the end of the valve that was leaking, which of coarse
rendered it useless, but water could pass through without leaking. so, we stuck everything back in and put a inline
valve on the heater hose that flows into the heater core. so with a longer cable the same lever still controls how much
heat or hot coolant flows into the heater core but now the lever works in reverse. Probably not the best way to fix it
but thats what we came up with at the time. and yes, there is a big hole rusted through the floorboard under the gas
pedal which I covered with some sheet aluminum stuck into place with some roofing tar. again, not the best way
to fix it but it cost me nothing.

nowadays you can probably find a new heater-core or control valve on ebay
and someone on the list may have some better Ideas?

Schuyler

Schuyler 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>