RE: a833 strength? again

[AD removed for archives]
4 Free Low-Fat recipes
caacQ4Nb7yoMza/PermissionData

I have talked to guys who are big into 4 speeds and many will stated
that the 23 spline unit will shift faster. While this is a drag race
concern, the guys say they can notice a difference.

Also, if you look hard enough, you can find steel shift forks, for
instance, if you pull the shift fork out of a new process 203 transfer
case, you will see it is a steel unit exactly like one of the brass
units in a A833. Being both new process transmissions, this somewhat
makes sense. I cant remember which fork the 203 fork will replace, but I
know its a match.

Doc.

lewtot184@xxxxxxx wrote:

> a 23 spline will probably take 500hp. some people think higher, but i'd
> put
> the limit there. the real problem i had with them was breaking shifting
> forks.
> the pre 70 (or maybe 71) had brass forks and they will break causing the
>
> tranny to be in 2 gears at the same time. thats the only thing i've seen
> really
> clobber them. make sure your shifter has stops and are set up correctly.

[AD removed for archives]
Free recipes to get you in shape
caacQ4Ob7yoMzf/PermissionData

----