Re: Question about cutting out rear 1/4s

Re: Question about cutting out rear 1/4s

[AD removed for archives]
Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
caac2N5a/PermissionData

Andy, i have always taken as much as i can stand, its a bit of a chore
and if you are using a cut off tool for gods sake be safe and careful.
Look at every cut u are going to make and think, think, think: like
which way does that wheel want to propel itself, hopefully away from u,
and not kick backing across your face. I almost lost a finger once doing
this while daydreaming.
    With my new plasma cutter hopefully this will be a thing of the
    past.
    I have always started at the edge of the trunk floor close to where
    it drops off and worked forward across the top of the  wheel house,
    down in to the rear seat area.
  Its tricky when u have to cut out thru the rocker panel , all sorts of
  funky pinch welds and stuff to try to figure out, tricky also on top
  of the wheelhouse.
   One reason to keep half the wheel house attached to the quarter is if
   a fellow had a rusted out wheel opening lip, he might also have a
   rusted out wheelhouse. that happened to me once,I  cut off a quarter
   and the wheelhouse was shot too.
    Watch out for that fuel line too, tear that out before u begin.Then
    drop out the tank, just takes a second
     Safety goggles too.
      A sabre saw would be a nightmare to use for this.
       Neal ZImmerman, Eugene Oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
caac2NUf/PermissionData

----

http:///u/?.