Re: Engine builds

[AD removed for archives]
Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt. Click here to confirm your address.
caac48Ta/PermissionData

Bob- Shoot, that didn't take long to make a name for myself. You can try getting a strip kit and play around with the carb jetting to hold back the fuel. Tracey just gave you a good 2 cents worth. Got any more parts off that '64 Imp?

Eric
'63 Crown Four-Door
'63 Belvedere Four-Door sedan
'72 Newport Custom sedan
...I have made a mistake and need to re-do! I let a fellow (he claimed expertise!) build my 63 Fury wedge engine...and he screwed it up!
He used a 64 Imperial (sorry Eric!) 413 donor block...it has been bored to 426 and the heads milled to bring compression to 11to1. He claims (and I doubt) that a "mild 3/4 cam" was installed. He used a roller chain, etc. and supposedly roller tappets, etc....I have not been into the engine so I don't know. He also used 67 GTX hp exhaust manifolds and a new offenhauser "low profile 2 X 4" intake with new Edelbrock carbs...I can get the number, but they're to large...the engine is rich...really rich, and sucking gas like a baby elephant eats ! He did use electronic ignition stuff from mopar performance (I believe).

I am not pleased with the results. The engine is no where close to where it should be for the money spent, but that's my problem so I'll eat the dirt and go on...
However....
With the above facts...What would you Guru's of go reccommend I do ?

The floor is yours...and killing the jerk is out of the question...he's way to far away...which is my excuse for getting in this mess.

Bob Fortson 63 Fury conv. (with an almost wedge 426)

[AD removed for archives] ------------------------------------------------------------------- Like music? Get a CD player on us. Click here. caac48Rf/PermissionData -------------------------------------------------------------------

----

http:///u/?.