RE: Pertronix Ignitor

In my experience, the main benefit of the Pertronix is the Hall-effect
distributor pickup. Getting rid of points means an end to changing points
and adjusting dwell. Pertronix says their system increases the amount of
energy going to the coil by twice in the 3,000 to 5,000 rpm range. It
makes sense it would do this, owing to more precise triggering and dwell
management.

However, I always install an MSD ignition box at the same time. I take the
time to install it discretely and do good wire management so it doesn't
jump out at you visually when you open the hood. In my 66 Charger, we were
able to hide the MSD box low and behind the air cleaner. One has to look
closely to find it.

With the combination of Pertronix pickup and MSD, starts are immediate,
even when the car has sat for several months. The carburetor has to be in
good tune, of course. Installation instructions for both Pertronix and MSD
are easy to follow. I recommend both highly. All my cars get them.

Dan Davids
Seattle

I bought the ignitor and coil many years ago, but never installed it, now
that I went to dual exhaust from single on my 361, the motor has woken up
a little, how much more will this help with getting a little more
performance. John Wask.....