Re: 65 Plymouth/ Dodge Steering Wheel offerings & Mopar Story

Re: 65 Plymouth/ Dodge Steering Wheel offerings & Mopar Story

looks fine to me
On Monday, September 20, 2021, 03:57:27 PM EDT, Sherman D Taffel <staffel1945@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well the upper middle 2 spoke wheel IS NOT CORRECT for the 65 -(70?) Dodge a100s.

Here is a picture of my a100 Steering wheel. Note the Two spokes ARE NOT Directly HORIZONTAL  as in the offering pic-AND -my wheel has a ribbed design on top of the spokes, adding a nice Design touch.

My truck project had the '60s Period' Perforated Wrap when I found it in 2000, and having added similar wrap to one of my college cars back in 66, decided to leave it.
'In the day' - the wrap help stop sweaty hands on HOT SUMMER DAYS from the Period plastic steering wheels.  Same today on our Virginia Tree Farm especially during the Brutal Summer Season. It also does help 'Grip'!

While the 'Factory Horn Run' is defunct, it still helps the appearance of the Steering Wheel.  I have added both Aoogah and Beep Beep horns for the Fun of it:
I might as well share this story- a true MOPAR 👍 Hobby experience:
- - -
The first year I had the truck running, I took it to our local Fire Department Car Show.  I walked past a Mustang the guy polishing it was wearing a 'Mopar' T shirt. I said to him
"OK, I don't get it: your polishing Mustang. But wearing a Mopar T".
He replied " Oh. This is my Son's car, My ROAD RUNNER is 'Over There'-" .

I saidis your Beep Beep horn working?
He said ' Of Course'.
I  asked him to go Beep it.

So he Did. I then activated the Aoogah and Beep Beep horns on my a100

The crowd ( about 200 people, 107 cars) started cracking up!
Like I said, 'For the Fun of it"

Sherman D Taffel