Re: Adding gas tank drain plug

Hi Neal- Sure if tank is off car. fully Flushed. DERUSTED, ETCHED and access to a welder a 'O2 sensor 'Bung' could be welded in.

However, as a pilot & small aircraft owner , since the TWA800  Explosion (after Takeoff from JFK. NYC (2011?)) traced to fuel vapors in the gas tank- I always get the nightmare picture of trying to weld in a 'drain bung' with tank on car. Just saying.  S9epo, why pulling sender & using digital camera to see if pulling tank , derusting, etc hinges, & revealing is really necessary-'Yet'.. L 9h