What are the maximum advances you are using in your polys?

Best regards,
Thomas

Am Fr., 13. Mai 2022 um 03:52 Uhr schrieb howard cox <gto64gto@xxxxxxxx>:
For what its worth, in 65, I had a 65 Belverdere 11 with 318 2 barrel, 3 speed, and single exhaust. OK but not great. I put on a stock 58 4 barrel intake with matching Carter, dual exhaust, and put in a 3 speed Hurst shifter. Alot better but just OK. I wanted more so I bought a small dia. chain saw file,pulled the distributor, and started filing the advance slots out longer fro more advance and used needle nose pliers to strretch the advance springs so they would be weaker and let stock weights work quicker. Plugs were good and points were good so no changes there. Man, that did it. From 0 to 100, I could kill a 390, 327, or 383 and I mean big time. Past 100 they would start catching me and usually bu 110 to 115 they could pass. Nothing high tech but it sure did work. I always liked the 318 and with my 3.23 non sure grip rear, I got 22 to 23 MPG
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2022 7:58:35 PM
Subject: Re: 65 B-body motor swaps/ Trannies

I agree..  The Poly can be made to "wake-up" and Mopar and most non-Mopar folks think it is a Big Block Motor.  I used a hotter cam from Gary P in my 64 Fury Convertible, and a 4bbl intake and it really moves out, and looks phenomenal.  If you are just going from a small-block Mopar to another, consider keeping the Poly.  lots of parts transfer between LA and Poly engines.

Larry