RE: removing trim 65 coronet 500

Very good!  I have another method to remove stainless/alum trim from drip rails etc…use the old-fashioned bottle opener with the rounded “lip.”  This is quite old but I think our “seasoned” member know what I am talking about.  If you need a picture, I can take and post for anyone curious.  I have used this method on my Dart many times with no kinking/dimpling/bending of the moulding.

Gary Pavlovich

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2022 4:51 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: removing trim 65 coronet 500

Necessity is the Mother of Invention!

Mike

On 10/19/2022 9:35 PM, neal zimmerman wrote:

yeah the bottle opener trick is sketchy. I did it once and completely destroyed my trim, little dents all along the length of the trim.

     Neal

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 6:33 PM neal zimmerman <neal.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I figured it out!!   I took a  pry bar with a handle and a crook on the end, and just hooking the lower  stainless edge lip, I slowly and carefully walked it off, no damage. Front and rear window chromes came off pretty easily, using a inch wide stiff putty knife. I found the clips, and pulled them back and took another stiff knife and brought it up and out of the trough.  Best news of all is, NO ROT!!