From: tom hecht <baddd65@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MaxWedge race questions!
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:37:52 -0800 (PST)

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadeMmbWhUHTa/Amazing Computer

the main question is how fast will the car go, if you go faster
than 11.99 you will also need drive shaft loop, 5-point belts.
11.49 for roll-bar
in any case they could also check the nuetral safety switch,

most of the time if the car doesn't get into the 11's, the local
tracks are pretty laxed.

my car has a seperate toggle switch for the alternator, when
off, the car will die with the cut-off switch.

i have double springs, drive shaft loop and spit tank
on my 16 second car, why not?

also, i have the stock tank in mine, the cut-off is still required.

tom
65 satellite

WC43613@xxxxxxx wrote:
Have any of you guys that have MaxWedge cars taken it to the strip to get
some time slips on it? Either original or clones.
What kind of tech did you have to go through?
Did they hassle you about not having an electric cutoff switch if you have
the battery in the trunk? Even if you have a manual fuel pump? (I'll be damned
if I'll drill a hole in the back of my car just to satisfy tech.)
Did only the aluminum front end cars have the battery in the trunk or did
all MaxWedge cars have them located there?
What about having two return springs on the carbs? The factory ones didn't
have them.
And what about the console shifter? There is no reverse lockout on the stock
ones.
Give me your input here. I plan on taking my car to the strip after it gets
warm again just to see what it will turn.
And I don't have the same carbs as the factory ones and I'm running Mickey
Thompson ET drag street tires that are supposed to be legal for the street.
Would my car be considered stock?

Thanks for your input,
Bill C.

[AD removed for archives]
Looking for someone? Need a background check?
Investigate anyone, anywhere with Web Detective.
Lifetime access only $29.95. Start searching now!
caadfAcbOgXg2f/Web Detective

----