Re: How to race a street driven max wedge.

Re: How to race a street driven max wedge.

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Start your free trial today and pay only
$5.95 for shipping & handling.
caadfBTbOyW3Na/Nexiderm

don't give up so easily, there is nothing like racing at the strip!!
ihra tracks are much more relaxed (tranlates into more fun)
than nhra tracks.

the ihra track i have raced at looked at the car, and put a tag
on, not like the nhra tracks i have been to, they check all of
the specs.

but really, street racing does not come close to a tree and timeslip,
even if the timeslip isn't as good as you might expect, it will give you
a good solid scale of measurement for performance.

the first time out i ran 14.0's and had a blast

tom
65 satellite

WC43613@xxxxxxx wrote:

Don, you made my day. I loved your instructions. I don't have to practice
looking stupid, it comes naturally.
I have two tracks in my area. Both are IHRA tracks. One is about 35 miles
from me, (Milan, Mich.), the other one is about 75 miles, (Norwalk).
I do have a driveshaft loop and I do have extra return springs I can
install. (Rules doesn't say what strength they should be and these are very small
but still have enough power to help pull the carbs closed, along with the stock
springs and the ones built into the Holley carbs.)
I will have to get a rad. overflow tank yet though.
I only plan on going to a test and tune night not run any kind of class or
ET bracket. Just want to get few runs on the car to see what it will do. I may
only get one run if the car does what I THINK it will do.
I don't have any extra taillight lenses to drill a hole in to mount a cutoff
switch to. And I never heard of having a cutoff for the alternator.
I have a battery holddown I got from Jeg's. It's just a plate mounted to the
trunk floor with J-hooks.
If it turns out it's too much of a hassle to race it once or twice at the
track, I guess I'll just have to play on the street with the rice burners.

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE* 5 Megapixel Digital Camera - yours to keep!
caadeMobOgXg2f/5 Megapixel Digital Camera Promotion

----