To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: was 67 300 Re: 67 "Magnum" Head.. Re..516 heads

[AD removed for archives]
2-Day Tax Refund Loans TaxBrain Online Tax Service Get Started Now!
caadeMnbOyFyta/TaxBrain

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:37:56 EST
From: Joeydahook9@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: was 67 300 Re: 67 "Magnum" Heads

There were low performance 915's with the smaller 1.60 exhaust valves. And I think if you open up the 516's to the larger exhaust you have about the same head, although I don't know what they flow. Joe

hello list

Seems that Joe and I post about some of the same subjects, beers and years here, i will take any corrections as education.

A 76 4x4 Ramcharger we bought ran 15.9 in the quarter....

Yeah some idiots will race anything....

It was hot out and phoenix is about 1500 feet , so corrected for sea level and the hot weather it was probably a 15.5-15.0 run..

Turned out it had a cast crank 440 with 915 heads....the fact the pig boat ramcharger
weighs over 5000 pounds..we were pleased with the numbers.

we had a water pump fail on the run up to flagstaff last summer...got really hot before we shut down...cracked the crap out of the heads....tore it down...heads unusable...turned out
they were the small valve 915s....

picked up a set of 516s from ebay recently. They cost about $100 with shipping. we had them cleaned
and checked for cracks.

we've compared them to our 915 heads, we have yet to discover a difference...the ports and valves are indentical by our observations....both are closed chamber...stuffing clay and
styrofoam into the ports to see where the 915s are larger have not showed a difference.

I am always amazed that one can read and read everything there is to read about mopar heads.

The bottom line is that there are people writing about this stuff and there are people that have the cast iron pieces in their hands and looking at them. We think the 516s are probably
the most underrated of the mopar heads.

In fact it almost seems that the extra compression ratio of the closed chamber almost makes up
for the smaller exhaust valve. I agree with Joe...put the big exhaust valve in the 516s and you have the 915 head.
I wait to have my ignorance corrected....

Also on the ignorance corrected field of play....

A 1968 fury 8 3/4 rear axle housing bolts into any e-body challenger or barracuda..straight up...
perfect fit...we've done three.

The "official mopar chassis manual" numbers do not support this fact...same kind of deal...fiction verus hardware.

And bend this as needed to fit our 62-65s...

rob in phoenix
[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE* MP3 Player - yours to keep! Click Here Now!
caadeMpbOyFytf/MP3 Player Giveaway

----

[AD removed for archives]
2-Day Tax Refund Loans TaxBrain Online Tax Service Get Started Now!
caadeMnbOyW3Nf/TaxBrain

----

bOyW3N.