Re: Repop of 1965 Satellite/Belvedere Taillight Lens

Re: Repop of 1965 Satellite/Belvedere Taillight Lens

[AD removed for archives]
Personals at Meeting Friends Online.
Find your perfect partner...We?re here to help. Click below to register for FREE and start connecting!
caadkIXbOyW3Na/MeetingFriendsOnline

Layson's is make the chrome bezel that fits over the red lens (I hope). I think the combo of lens and bezel with be about $150 per side. There is a 62-65 member who might be convinced to make the chrome bezel in plastic and have it plastic chromed. Would anyone really notice the difference and who cares on a non-100 point car?

The rear courtesy lights on the '65 Convertible- I'm looking for those, also. The plastic lens is available from an A-Body. I think I saw them with Layson's or Crusin Moons - I think about it and let you know. My problem is the pot metal the lens goes into. I've got five of them and only one of them is worth using without rechroming. I imagine that would be $50 to $100 each although I have no experience with that kind of work.

Akron Don

Tom Duross wrote:

Don:

Are they making the square chrome lens trim as a separate piece from the
lens?
That was the missing piece squadron had to repop when I last wrote with
them.  They had the plain lens for the Belv1 but not the fancy lens trim for
the Belv2 and Satellite.  And they're making a bezel too?  Hoo-Hah!

BTW-I have an almost NOS set of rear courtesy lights coming from Dan Wilson
(426W) in Joplin, MO (off-ebay sale) and I can take pictures or get p/n's
for anyone still wondering about the convertible courtesy lights (like me).
175 bucks (ouch!) but mine are wrong.

Spring is coming for us in the north!  Unfortunately at $2.40 a gallon for
mid-grade gas I won't be traveling as much.

Tom Duross
Bahstin (in the fifties today!)

[AD removed for archives]
2-Day Tax Refund Loans TaxBrain Online Tax Service Get Started Now!
caadlpfbOyW3Nf/TaxBrain

----

bOyW3N.