Blue Max Wedge Goes Home...

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Start
your free 14-day trial today!
caadmZ2bOyW3Na/Nexiderm

This is a painful note for me to write in some ways, in others it opens
a door to a new beginning.  I sold my 1963 Dodge 330 Sedan with the 426
Max Wedge and PB automatic right back to the guy I bought it from about
4yrs ago, Wayne Smothers of Owasso, OK.  The story on this car was I saw
int on www.cars-on-line.com listed for $35k all set up for street/strip
with 456 gears, Cheetah manual reverse valve body, 4800 stall Dynamic
converter, 12.5-1 JE slugs, Hoosier radial slicks, and narrow American
front wheels and Moroso drag front tires on it.  Engine built by Dan
Dvorak, not numbers match but a real Max Wedge factory car.  It went
11.56 at 110.9 first time out set up like that.  I wrote a couple of
E-mails to the then unknown owner and never heard anything back.
Eventually I bought a 63 Polara with a 440 in it that I intended to make
into a Max Wedge clone with help from Dan Dvorak in Waldo, Florida.
When the car arrived I decided it was not the car to invest that much
effort in and told Dan Dvorak to stop working on rounding up the parts.
Dan Dvorak, not knowing I had seen Wayne Smother's car for sale on the
internet, contacted Wayne in OK and told him the story knowing that his
car was for sale.  He told Wayne to call me as I might be interested in
it.  A few days later I was sitting at my desk at work when the phone
rang and this strange guy introduced himself and said he was a buddy of
Dvorak's and had a car for sale.  As he began to explain what it was it
became obvious it was the same car I had seen at the Cars-on-line site.
Wayne knew I was gun-shy at this point and said if I would send him $1k
earnest money he would put the car on a trailer and haul it 900miles to
Detroit and take me for a ride in it.  "If this car isn't what I say it
is I will give you your money back and take the car back home, no
questions asked."  he drawled.  I sent him a grand, he hauled the car
and I bought it.  We put it in my garage and he was practically in
tears.  He sold me the car because he needed money to buy a bigger home
to accomodate his growing family and made me promise to let him know
first if I ever wanted to sell it.

But there's more...

I'm gonna be 55 this month and am finishing up the job of raising 3 kids
my late wife and I adopted from Korea.  My wife had a chronic illness
and passed away on Father's day of 2000.  When I was a kid we always had
a hot-rod or two and we also always had a bunch of cottages up north in
Michigan.  Those were all sold off before my kids came on the scene.  I
got the bug and over the winter bought a brand new 2000 sq ft log home
that is still being built in Garden Michigan in the upper peninsula, 95
miles west of the Mackinac bridge.  I'm semi retired and it was now or
never to do something like that to let my kids have some fun up north.
So now I needed money to buy a house.  The sale of the Dodge was heart
wrenching for me as well but Wayne bought it back from me for exactly
what I paid for it.  In the years I had it I spent time and money on it
and worked on it with my youngest and I wrote the money part of it off
as the cost of having a whole bunch of fun with the car.

So- I am Mopar-less for the time being, temporary I think.  The house up
north is on Lake Michigan and there are already plans to build a 24 x 36
garage up there with 10' high walls so I can have a 2-post hoist.  I
look at it as a new adventure and hope it will be worth the investment.
Meanwhile I will stay on list.  For anyone who has not seen my website
with the Dodges see my Mopar site listed below.

Dave Krugler
Harper Woods, MI
63 Dodge Polara 440
63 Dodge 330 Post 426 Max Wedge
To see these cars please visit my website at
www.geocities.com/dkrugler2001/davesuperstockgarage.html

[AD removed for archives]
Personals at Meeting Friends Online.
Find your perfect partner...We?re here to help.
Click below to register for FREE and start connecting!
caadmZ5bOyW3Nf/MeetingFriendsOnline

----

bOyW3N.