RE: shop air system

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadlVBbOyW3Na/Amazing Computer

I know nothing about the makeup of pvc pipe, but it seems to me that
while your house's water suppy may not be under as much pressure as an
air line, that pvc gets hot and cold continually, daily, for years
without issue. It's exposed to extreme temps under your house, both hot
and cold. It seems that if it can handle these changes, it could handle
air pressure. Mine has only been in for 2 years, but no problems yet.
However, I wouldn't want to loose an eye over pure speculation!
Jeff
Robert neal zimmerman wrote:

> oh i am glad gary broke the ice, i was strongly warned against pvc too.
>    Go out to your downspout or out in your gutter maybe and take the tip
>    of your boot and see how easy that stuff shatters after exposure to
>    the elements for a few years.
>     Scenario: U have a PVC system several years old, u have a head
>     standing on end near to it, u bump it, head goes down, sudden
>     rupture of pipe under high pressure, u no safety glasses,  dry
>     brittle PVC turns into air pressure activated grenade, eye goes
>     bye-bye.
>    Neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

[AD removed for archives]
Sign up today for a No Annual Fee Discover® Platinum Card and get?
0% Intro APR on Purchases & Balance Transfers for 8 Months, Up to
2% Cashback Bonus® reward on your purchases & 100% fraud
protection.
caadlRMbOyW3Nf/DiscoverCard

----

bOyW3N.