OT: Going to California....

Well folks, life is full of change.  My wife and I moved Southern
California in 1998 to come to Columbus Ohio so she could go to grad
school.  We weren't married yet, but I figured if I followed her silly
self all the way to Ohio, I might as well take a leap and get married
too ;-)  Both happened...eventually.

Now, we're doing it again.  After getting her PhD done, we're moving
back to California where she'll be working as a postdoc at the
Stanford Business school.  So I'm trading in all my financial
stability, low mortgage, and midwest charm for the high priced joy of
northern california.  We ARE excited, but have to move, sell our
house, find a new one, pack, drive, and hopefully find a bank with an
open vault of loot along the way.

Now, why do you care?  Cause my wife is wonderful--she said we have to
get a place with a 2 car garage so I can store the lancer.  GOD BLESS
HER!  So my little Ohio find is going cross country to the bay area.
I'd love to meet up with any of you that live there once we arrive.
I've lived in the area before, but never plunked down $600,000+ for a
1100sq ft home...

Anyway its great news, and sad news, cause we'll miss Ohio in many
ways, but in others, hey, California can't be beat.  My son will also
get a lot more grandparents coming to visit now that we'll only be 400
miles away instead of 2800....

MJ