Re:Timing and 39 BD

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free! caadlVBbOyW3Na/Amazing Computer -------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:06 EDT
From: Albinted@xxxxxxx
Subject: timing

i got a really stupid question to ask... here goes. does anybody set theyre timing by ear? tia ted celebrating my 4th 39th birthday today :0).

The only way my dad ever set his timing was by ear. As he got older he
would enlist the help of us young punks as his high frequency hearing started
started going away.

About the only downside of this is that sometimes an overheating problem can
show up on long trips that is apparently caused by running a bit too much
timing.

My 69 charger would do this on the hottest days in Phoenix....as little as a 2 degree difference (of timing) would cause it.

I could never hear any pinging but the higher temps make me think it was very
close to doing so.

We also had a 74 dart that would do this (slant six auto). The climb out of
the Imperial Valley headed to San Diego was a good demonstration of this...

By celebrating your 4th 39th birthday, does that make you 43 or 156 ????

rob in phx

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free! caadlVDbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel -------------------------------------------------------------------

----