340s

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
caadlVCbOyW3Na/Consumer Research

Where i live is strong (by smell I mean) chevy country and i constantly hear almost weekly "the smallblock chev is the best performance motor for small blocks bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla....... BUTT when i pick up the rule book for Brighton Speedway which is  just a few miles away (a dirt track facility) I read these warnings in big black block letters
NO 340 PARTS ALLOWED  and in the 6 cyl rules it used to also say NO INCLINED 6 CLY Engines PERMITTED. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Never said no corvette parts  or no camero parts or no mustang parts or no boss 302 parts. I believe that speaks for itself.
060 is fine by the way. A general rule of thumb is if the major suppliers make a piston for it it is almost always fine. They have no interest inproducing stuff that costs them time and trouble. If there is a problem they will warn you. I have decided in this day and age we cannot allow any of these old motors to slip by. I would even sleeve a block if it was rare enough or in short supply. I remember Bill Jenkins of 63 Plymouth fame (before he went south to the chev camp) saying with his chevies he sometimes sleeved all 8 holes just for insurance. (327 blocks)
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadlVBbOyW3Nf/Amazing Computer

----

bOyW3N.