RE: mopar stuff

[AD removed for archives]
Is your PC running slow? Try a FREE PC Health Check today!
caadlCkbOyW3Na/PC Health Check

Tom,

I like smoking Chevy's with some dried rice in the bottom
of the bowl. The Hei has a lower and upper bearing, so
you have a more precise shaft. But the real advantage is
the voltage without a box and a bigger cap. Everything is one built in unit.
Works well. I feel that the HEI Chevy type distributors will
handle high rpm better than the Mopar distributors and have
shown it to be true on the dyno a couple of times. Hey even
the new Magnum heads from Eddy have Chevy rockers...
What ever it takes.

Earl

personally, i find the hei idea interesting, i mean who came up with this
anyway? and what were they smoking?

it takes some real imagination to
think of installing that system, is it any more ridiculous than someone
"hiding" there electronic wires to give the appearance of points?
i'm afraid i missed something with the alternator though, why not mopar?

tom
65 satellite

Doug Ahern <D170A833@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Both ign. systems work and to each his own. but is there a big win for the
HEI route?

Some components are constant here... the distributor is the same and so is
the fact that you have to round up a propietary connector/wiring either ina
junkyard or new (new availability of harness: mopar=yes, HEI=? )

price of ECU vs. HEI module? thats not too different. maybe $20.
The *best* ECU for the street is the Orange box. The chrome box and the gold
box are race only items. So prices for the two seem to be the same, Mancini
sells these for:

$20 for the mancini "blue box". $43 for the Orange box.
$47 for the Orange box + lightweight dist. springs for a recurve...

I don't know anything about the Mancini "blue box", but I bet its as good as
the Orange box. So $20 if you like blue, $43 if you like orange.

wiring? both the HEI and the ECU have 4 wires coming out of it. 2 go to the
distributor, 2 go elsewhere.... its the same right?

space/weight savings? even if the HEI is smaller, you still have to dedicate
about 3x5" to it somewhere... roughly the same size as an ECU.

So what does it come down to? and if the answer is "they are the same, HEI
its just an alternative...", well thats fine.

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadlVAbOgXg2f/ProductTestPanel

----
directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations
topic. Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Help us support US Troops  Just Register Here.
caadlVxbV1hOjf/Permission Data

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Investigate just about anyone and anything with Web Detective!
caadlCmbOyW3Nf/Web Detective

----

bOyW3N.