Re: Trans Filter

Sean- I had sucess having them put in the Fram number at Advance--I
ordered one 3 weeks ago or so.  Their computer sucks for
cross-referencing on my 62 Lancer, so I just have to go in with the
exact part number.  BTW  just got the KYB shocks from them for
$27--not listed on my application but they had them by P/N.

Pat has several of these filters from Fram and Mopar in stock.  They
haven't been made in a while.  I ended up eliminating the filter on my
new 225 that i'm building, although I still have the filter on my
current car (probably the original stinking one!)

Pat hooked me up with the 64-up deeper transmission pan that has the
built in filter that eliminates the need for the external one.  Then
you can create the bypass like Gary pointed out and you're good to go
for another 50,000 miles.  If you are driving it a bit or keeping
forever, this is probably easier than chasing down increasingly
difficult to find NOS of these filters.  I highly recommend him--super
nice guy that knows more than you ever wanted to know about Tflites.

MJ

On 4/19/05, Sean Bolter <bolterman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [AD removed for archives]
> Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
> find out how.
> caadlVCbOeqpPa/Consumer Research
>
> I get mine from NAPA.  Advance Auto Parts kept trying to tell me it took
> the same filter as the newer, linkage trans.  It doesn't.
>
> Sean Bolter
>
> Bob H. wrote:
> >
> > What's a good source for the Dacron 2 hole filter in a 65 BB 727?  Where
> >
> > do you get yours?
> >
> > Bob H
> > 63 Fury
>
> [AD removed for archives]
> Personals at Meeting Friends Online.
> Find your perfect partner...We're here to help.
> Click below to register for FREE and start connecting!
> caadmZ5bOeqpPf/MeetingFriendsOnline
>
> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Menko Johnson
menkoj@xxxxxxxxx