RE: '64 Hemi Belvedere

[AD removed for archives]
Investigate just about anyone and anything with Web Detective!
caadlCmbOyW3Na/Web Detective

Doug Ahern wrote:

> On 32 04/19/05, Robert Talley wrote:
> > After seeing this car in person I do have some questions. I thought that
> > all
> > the hemi cars had single headlights in 64, this one has dual. The
> > following
>
> I don't think that kind of blanket statement can be made.
>
> While drag cars were often modified to be 2 headlight versions, the oval
> track hemi cars were 4 head light cars.  who knows about the handful of
> 1964 hemi cars assembled with yet other purposes in mind.

 The story,as I heard it,briefly goes like this.There were 11-14
"civilian" cars sold(mistakenly?)to the public.The buyers ordered  Max
wedge cars but production on those ceased at about the same time the
factory accepted the orders.The Hemi engines were installed instead.They
were a mix of Dodge and Plymouth, hardtop only.Steel nose and 4
headlights(hi and low beam for road use).

Russo steele had a Dodge 440 at auction a few years ago,and everyone
knows the ex- Marvin Hughes car.I believe about 9 are accounted for.Does
anyone know the seller's name on this one?

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
caadlVBbOyW3Nf/Amazing Computer

----

bOyW3N.