Re: Need 1st 4 digits of 64 440 sedan...

Re: Need 1st 4 digits of 64 440 sedan...

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caadlVFbOyW3Na/Sharebuilder

Now, if you have a Canadian-built Dodge 440 . . .
6-cylinder non-wagon : 4249
8-cylinder non-wagon : 5249

Pre-1966 American VINs do not have a digit for the body style while the
Canadian 1965 does (although not before 1965).

6-cylinder Dodges were assembled at all plants - Hamtramck, LosAngeles,
Newark, St.Louis, and Windsor.  The Lynch Road plant did not build Dodges in
1964, only Plymouths.   The only Dodge engines that were plant-specific were
the 426 wedge and 426 hemi.  They were built only at Hamtramck.

By assembly plant, 1964 Dodge production :
2 - Hamtamck : 163,731
5 - LosAngeles : 18,429
6 - Newark : 32,477
7 - St.Louis : 34,012
 Total U.S. : 258,649

9 - Windsor : 28,339

The 440 series consisted of 2-door sedan, 4-door sedan and 2-door hardtop,
plus 2-seat and 3-seat wagons.   The 2-door sedan was U.S.-only while the
wagons were available with a six only in Canada..

Bill
Vancouver, BC