RE: correct engine colors

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadtaFbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

I just pulled out my Year One catalog.  It shows for 1968: 273, 318,
360, and 340 are painted Red.   383, 400, 440, 426 w/ Carter are painted
Turquoise, and 426 Hemi 2- 4 barrels are street Hemi Orange.

1969 - 1971 Most 383 & 440 HP engines were street Hemi orange.  Most non
HP big blocks were painted Turquoise.

Ben Jr. Morgan wrote:

> Sure it was a 440? I thought the 440s were usually the orange color,
> then the 383s were turquoise. I could be wrong, this is just from my
> experiences. I know the 70 383 in my 64 is turquoise, and the 68 440 in
> our 66 Coronet 500 is orange, these are the correct colors according to
> the machine shop that painted them. But then again, there could be
> exceptions.

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
caaduFNbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.