Re: Tri-State Mopar Show

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadtaFbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

William Paxton
wmp4@xxxxxxx

                        Not a max wedge, only a street wedge and the
street hemi. Both were available, but witha single 4 barrel. At least that
is what is in my owners manual as engine options.

Doug Ahern <D170A833@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/15/2005 10:22 PM
Please respond to
1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: Tri-State Mopar Show

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
caaduFNbOMgnMa/ProductTestPanel

On 37 05/15/05, Tom Duross wrote:
> Well, I made it to the show in my 64.  Parked alongside a 63
> Savoy Factory Racer S/FX and a 65 Satellite with a hemi street
> wedge crossram.  The owner of the Satellite wedge claimed the
> engine was original, is this true?  Did they make Satellites
> available with street wedge motors from the factory?  Anyway, it
> [snip] I'm curious about that 65 Satellite though, factory max wedge
> huh?

nope.

this reminds me of a car a buddy bought 2yrs ago.  it was a 66 Satellite
that had been sitting since the 1970s.  he bought it from the original
owner's brother.  My buddy was buying the car for the engine, the 4spd,
and the SG rear, at about $500, so he didn't care if it was original
or not.  The seller swore up and down that it was exactly how his brother
bought it in 1966 from the dealership.  It was a 440/4spd car.  It
looked very original,  spark plug heat deflectors on the manifolds,
all the correct looms and fasteners, original corbin clamps,,
everything youd expect to find on an original car that only on the road
for 10 years...  the seller convinced my buddy, not that it mattered,
but he did convince him....  I went down to help him with the
dissection.  VIN engine code was a "G", FT reflected a 383 4bbl,
everything pointed to a 383 4bbl car.  My buddy still insisted,
saying how he had known the two brothers for twenty years and they
weren't liars...  we pulled the engine...  67 440 with 915 heads,,,
and a engine build date about 8 months aver the 66 Satellite's assembly
date.   the true knowledge of the details are certainly long gone, but
that Satellite didn't come with that engine...  at least,, not from the
factory.

As of May 64,  the sales code for a Max Wedge became the sales code for
a Hemi.  at that point, no more MW's were sold.  Its likely that
left over parts were sold as replacement parts through Mopar distribution
channels....

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadtaFbOMgnMf/ProductTestPanel

----
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect
your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content
signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!