Oil leaks and other problems

Well, I started with the Intake manifold and resealed it as per Ray & Shaun's suggestions.
Except, I used yellow weather strip adhesive to glue down the end pieces, to hold them
in place, then a dab of black RTV in the corners and a thin layer across the top. Nothing
on the Offy gaskets, and I teflon taped all the oil sender and gage fittings. The angles seemed
to check out ok and the ports lined up good with the intake side only slightly smaller then
the port openings on the head. Hope it works when I get around to firing it up!
Here's what I found while I had the intake off. The black silicon I used previously, in-place
of the end pieces, had a few channels in it where the oil could easily escape! especially at
the back. The Offy gaskets sealed well even though I used aviation black Permatex goop
on both sides of the gasket, what a sticky mess that was, glad to hear these gaskets don't
need it. Now for the really big goof, as I was checking the cam, lifters and push rods I noticed
one of the push rods was bent, sort of wobbled around as I spun it? So , off came the valve covers
backed off the adjuster and pulled out the pushrod. What appears to have happened was,
the previous time before I installed the intake manifold, I cleaned out the bolt holes in the head
with a thread chaser and went a little to far in on 3 of them, where the bolt hole goes into the pushrods
tunnel. the tool made contact with the pushrod and bent it and started to bore a hole into
the side of the pushrod, yikes! this must of made things difficult for the valve to open and close
properly, there were marks left from rubbing on the other side of the bend, now I know why
those rockers were the noisiest. By the way these are the push rods that actuate the rocker
for the exhaust valves that pass directly under the Manifold bolt holes another source for oil leakage if you don't
seal the threads! Decided to skip chasing the threads this time around, broke the tool anyway.
My original 62 Poly motor, the one with the broken crank, donated some replacement pushrods.
chalk up another one for this ham fisted mechanic. (o;
Some other interesting observations, one of the exhaust manifold bolts, front drivers side, is gone,
missing? next one over loose about half way out? only one loose on the other side? what's going
on here? /o:
Stay tuned, will be dropping the oil pan soon to replace the rear main seal. Should I check
the rod bearings while I have the pan off? little unsure about re-torquing rod bolts?
then on to the trans pan for a new gasket and filter, hope there's no more surprises!?
Sure would like to install my Spitfire headers also, does anyone know where I can find a reasonably
priced duel exhaust kit or is the local muffler shop the only solution? was hoping to save some
money and do it my self but can't find any deals on pipes.
thanks for the help.
Schuyler
Schuyler 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
<http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>