side mirroe heads up !

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadwPbbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

I'm sure you guys all know this already, but be careful when using the mirror mounting instructions and guide pattern on the web site. I used it today and it located the proper mounting place for the driver side mirror, but the screw holes as shown on the guide pattern DO NOT MATCH the screw holes on the mirror base...at least they didn't on my '63 fury 'vert.

I had 2 mirrors to compare...one is the EXTRA expensive (nos) non-Mopar marked one from Frank Mitchell Mopar ( on ebay)  and a "survivor mirror" removed from a '63 Sport Fury that had ALL the proper marks and numbers...The two mirrors were identical in every way except logo marking as far as I could tell...the mounting holes were identically spaced.

  The problem was that the pattern holes are about 1/4 of an inches closer together than the holes in the mirrors...Thank Goodness my son compared the rubber gasket for the new one to the marks on the car BEFORE I could start drilling. The holes were then adjusted by using the gasket as a guide to mark the hole location after using the template/guide pattern to give the proper location for the mirror.

Not a knock on the template...just a caution to "check before drilling"

By the way I open the jar under the bed and have won a set of the re-po'd max wedge exhaust manifolds (for $795.00 + $35.00 freight to the east coast)...the auction just closed at 8:00 edt.  I'll keep ya'll posted...

Bob Fortson

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
caadtaGbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.