To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 6:54 AM
Subject: esception

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
caadwPhbUYx2xa/ProductTestPanel

Oh then you missunderstood.
He spent 3 years fighting the converter and gear recommendation for a A body car (he insisted on using a B&M since he said a "converter is a converter is a converter") and used 456s instead of the 410s recommended for the lighter A body) He did do the engine exact and finally through a series of events was forced to install what was recommended for his weight car (although he used 391s instead of 4.10s but that is not signifigant difference)
He started off with an 11.29 and fought the converter recommended for 3 years. could not get below 11.28.
Borrowed a friends 069J and ran an 11.12. Figured it was a fluke so put his B&M back in when is friend wanted the 69J back. Car again would only run 11.28. He also would not run the recommended 4.10s but ran 456s figuring like many mistakenly do "if some is good more is better." Finally he reread the article and when he came to the piece where it says. "Now that I have told you you are without excuse" he said to himself "Enough already" and called Lupo. Immediatley the car felt different and he said as he drove it around he felt disappointed since the Lupo converter drove like a stock converter when driving around the pits in a normal fashion. HOWEVER first pass netted a 10.89 at 122 "Must have been a wrong time ticket" he thought . Next pass was a 10.88 at 122. Then he ran all season between 10.80 and 11.00. That winter when he checked over the car he found two cylinders with low compression. Pulled the heads and found two wasted intake valves. Fixed the heads properly, ccd them to 79.5 and got ready for spring.
First pass was 10.82 but broke the limited slip on the pass, then it rained. On the way home stopped at a friends and borrowed a set of 3.91s with a good limslip to replace the broken 456 unit just for the next Wednesday night meet. Right off the trailer 10.69s at 124. On a night with real good air it ran a all time best of 10.47 at 126 mph.
This is, by the way, the Old Relaible motor that can easily be built for a measely 3 grand or less and a bit of elbow grease
Email me and I will pop his email back to you
Don

Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadwPbbUYx2xf/ProductTestPanel

----

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadvf5bOyW3Nf/Nexiderm

----

bOyW3N.