Re: removing roof rail trim

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
caadwPhbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

You must remove them very carefully starting on one end. Personally if at
all possible, I try not removing them when refinishing a car because it seems
they always end up with a different bend in them and never look the same again.
 Been working in bodyshops 20+ years and watching other bodymen trying to
pull  them too. Always seems they are never the same once pulled. Most are now
hard to  find for replacements too. I'm not saying it can't be done, but you
must be very  careful when attempting to pull drip moldings as they can bend very
easily. I've  always started on the end that seems to come up and carefully
work it upwards  until it releases on the bottom side. My personal preference
is to leave them  alone and work around them. Most bodymen I have worked around
also agree as most  of us have found out the hard way at one time or another.
This is the only area  in regard to trim I try not to disturb unless I must.
Lyle in  Montana

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadwPbbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.