New paint

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadwPbbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

Lyle ,
that is good advice i know.  Perhaps my greed got in the way.
first my friend bought a 92 Caddy with a bad cyl for $500. The car is almost perrfect otherwise.
I traded him a complete valve job and resurfacing for redoing my right front fender that i was never happy with. He is very good but subbed it out to the bodyguy.
His father who owns the farm employs and boards a good bodyman (who was having hard times)who was telling me he was also a guitar player and wish he could have a guitar. I had 6 at the time , two 12 strings and offered him his choice of twelve strings for  the sand and prep of the whole car. He agreed. He removed all the old paint with a razor in about 4 hours . i had never seen that done before , and then spent sevral days getting the right side straighter. and it definatley is .
Then the older son who does all the painting  told me he was restoring his 74 Camaro. I built hois forst engine 22 years ago and freshened it once since. He asked if i would overhaul the carb and check and replace rod n bearings if necessary. I said yes since the motor is out of the car . When he asked hom much I said splash my car for me and he agreed. We both bought our own parts and materials.
So ya, I got what I paid for.
I had a race car painted a few years ago and it came out sort of seedy looking but a salesman I knew at the local parts store said to treat it with Blue Diamond glaze or deglazing compound. It looked like a million after that but I dont remember the product and he isnt around here now.
I have 3M fine compound  here , and it will put a polish on dull paint so I know it wont leave scratches.  Would that work ? or what would you recommend? This paint by the way has a good shine.
i guess the colour (which is not the painters fault) and the dust which is always a problem in  an open garage instead of a booth, are my biggest problems . I can live with the colour.
And by the way Scott P. My experience has been the same. Maybe I expect too much.
My friend Denny who has a 64 Dodge Polara that a list member used to own. (Red 64, black vinyl top. late model 440 ). Had his done and said the same. He told me just drive it and enjoy it.
Good advice i think.
Anyway Lyle what would you advise?
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caadtaKbOyW3Nf/Sharebuilder

----

bOyW3N.