From: Thomas R Hansen [mailto:trandco1@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:48 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: power steering pump caps

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:59:41 -0400 Tom Duross <tduross1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> On a side note...
>
> I bought a set of torsion bar seals and clips from him last week for
> my 65
> Belv2.
> What exactly is "long fiber grease" and where can I get it?
> Anyone.... Buehler?
>
> Thanks Campers.

 Tom,
 Long fiber grease is what wheel bearings "used" to be packed with. Any
more, the grease you would buy for that job is about like dark Crisco.
Long fiber is mostly yellow in appearance, and strings out when you pull
a gob from the can. I would think that on the torsion bar application,
you could use just about any heavy grease that won't wash away, or drip
from the seals. It is to prevent rust and squeaks and mud from packing
the rear side of the torsion bar socket, at the retainer clips. A putty
knife can clear all foreign matter from the socket, and makes the bar
come out easier, for servicing.  Tom in Dallas

[AD removed for archives]
Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
caadFXWbOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----