distributor mystries 273

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadGKZbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

OK, this post has several questions regarding my weird  273 distributor
problems.
  Somebody suggested that the timing chain had jumped-
   I state that this COULD NOT be the problem as the slot in the "oil
   pump/ distributor driveshaft" is right on the money. when  #1 is on
   tdc compression stroke (  removed the valve cover  and did the
   pushrod twirl test just to make sure I was on compression stroke) the
   slot in the drive shaft points perfecly at the very front intake
   manifold bolt on the 1,3,5,7 side of the engine.Even checked it with
   a long straightedge. This is exactly what my manual says it should
   look like.
 QUESTION1:  If the timing chain had jumped this would not be the case,
 that slot would be pointing elsewhere , correct? TRUE/FALSE:
  So since this looked all correct I began to wonder if when i installed
  the new points and condensor I messed something up. I set the points
  again at .017, and checked the dwell which is about 30.5-31.0 degrees.
  The dwell seems a little high as my book says it should be 29 degrees.
  I am using a " Motor" manual for these specs.
  QUESTION2: Do my points seem correct or is my book wrong? Could my 1
  degree difference be causing my problem?
 anybody out there with another book they can check  the specs for a
 1967 273cid two barrel?
  QUESTION 3: to decrease the dwell should i close down or open up the
  points gap? I cant get my mind around this one.
   Thank u and sorry for the longish post.
   Neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
caadFXWbOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----