Re: exhaust for 64 Dart

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
caadHk8bOyW3Na/911PaydayAdvance

Lester, I couldn't find any available commercially, but had a local muffler shop custom build me a set of 2 & 1/4" duals with flowmasters for a little over 500 bucks. I think it was a bargain, considering toe amont of bending and welding that the guy had to do. I'm in Austin, Texas, and this shop has a rep for making custom duals in the streetrod community. They've been at it for over twenty years, one vehicle at a time. They can also WAIL thru replacing a stock system, and they built a set for my motorhome a few years back.

I would think any fairly sizeable city would have a similar shop, though if you're out in the boonies it may be tougher.

One difficulty you'll need to deal with is the fact that Dodge only provided clearance for a single pipe on the driver's side. The transmission crossmember had a notch on the one side, but not the other. I bought a custom modified crossmember from Layson's, but the cutout they made was just barely a dimple! The guy at the muffler shop cut and rewelded my stock member in about three minutes and got all the clearance the factory provided. Another odstacle is the fact that the Gas tank is closer to the frame rail on the passenger side. It probably adds a couple of gallons to the tank capacity, but it meant the mufflers had to go forward of the axle.

The best part is that the duals really woke up the mildly hopped 318 even with the restrictive factory exhaust manifolds, and I really like the sound, too. The P.O. had a single 2" system on the car, and it made NO noise. Nice, if that's what you want, but emphatically NOT what I wanted.

My next project is finding HEADERS for the thing. There's info on them on another site I frequent: > http://www.bigblockdart.com/

A post in the last couple of days stated that TTI was looking for an unmolested early A body to work up headers for the small block. They would need the car in LA for some time, but the owner would get a free set of headers. So, if you're on the left coast, maybe you can get em to build a whole setup from exhaust ports to back bumper! I wouldn't spend too much time waiting to volunteer, if I was there!!! Make that; I wouldn't HAVE spent too much time...... :)

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadHlnbOyW3Nf/Nexiderm

----

bOyW3N.