1.6 rockers intake side

[AD removed for archives]
Need cash fast?  Would a quick $1,500 help?
A cash advance loan can put the money you need in
your account today. A fast, confidential application
takes less than 2 minutes.
caadJWsbOyW3Na/CashAdvance

Yes I know that trick it is often done on chevy SBs.
We will give it  a whirl as well but my current belief is that the cam was designed to take max advantage of the port design of the mopar head and large lifters and it was designed for 1.5 rockers .
When we put 1.6s on we go a outside the cams carefully designed features and it screws up the valve action and we lose power. I think that  to use 1.6 rockers  the cam needs to be designed for them. I dont know if I said it here before but we made a set of 1/7 s once from a set of crane iron 1/5 adjustables (moved the adjusters inward about 30 years ago )  and the results were not unlike the last test.(There was certainly no gain)
At the levels of cam we are running  which are relatively mild compard to a pro stock cam etc  it would be no problem for the cam manufacture to make a cam with the same figures and area under the curve with 1/5s that would be the same as 1/6s are running on the 1/5 cams we are using currently. It is I think though true that cam timing is a very critical thing and bolting on a set of 1.6s often hurts more than it helps. We will keep flogging this though to find out for sure. I know for instance putting 1/6s on a cam like the ST-H-42 Racer brown which is a FULL ON cam with absolutley no compromises would almost certainly ruin its performance as it is already maxed out. and you cant go beyond that with out messing things up.
1/6 while they do not change the duration from actual opening and closing do change the "effective duration" at 050 and at .200 lift. because the valve is open more earlier and flow events are changed.  Serious cam manufacturuer give the duration at 200 " and at 050  for this reason.
Because the valve would be at the 050 or .200 lift point earlier  the duration at these points would be greater than it would with 1/5 rockers. It takes very  few degrees to make or ruin cams performance
. Anyway we will try several more combos and see if we ever get an increase. (i AM BETTING NO)
I have yet to see anyone running through the pits saying i put on 1/6s and dropped 2 tenths. Usually they are very quiet  because they just spent 3 or 4 hundred bucks and got nothing or an even worse result and think they did something wrong. We often hear" it feels better" or "seem a lot better" but if it aint on the time slip, baby , then it aint there.
However i reserve the right to say "I was wrong" should I get positive results. This is just my current thinking today.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
caadHk3bOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----