Re: 65 Satellite 426

[AD removed for archives]
Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caadKb7bOyW3Na/Ice Cream Research Survey

Your numbers have shifted from the letters above due to proportional
spacing.

For the numbers on the top, " 9      2    23    132", if you could just list
the numbers above them and eliminate the numbers on the top row that are not
used,

As for the next group,

ABCDEFGHIJKL--------------------------------Z
80   35      1       683     2

AB = Engine : 80 - 426-cid, 1-4bbl carb, 10.3:1 CR. 365 BHP

I suspect D=3 and E=5, so :
D = Transmission - 3 : 363 : 4-speed manual, floor shift
E = Heater - 5 : 405 : Heater/Defroster

Again, if you could list the numbers "1       683     2" with the just the
letters above them, I could decode them.

SO  Number         BDY      TRM     PAINT
211  02303         R42       P4Y        AA1

SO NUMBER = Shipping Order Number where :
211 - Scheduled build date - February 11, 1965

BDY = Car Line / Series / Body Style :
R - Plymouth Belvdere
4 - Satellite
2 - 2-door hardtop

TRM - Interior Trim
P - Trim Grade - Premium - Bucket Seats
4 - Material - Vinyl
Y - Colour - Gold

PAINT - Paint Code / Scheme
A - Roof Colour - Medium Gold Metallic
A - Body Colour - Medium Gold Metallic
1 - Style - Monotone

For the engine number :

"The engine pad has -- A 426  VI ---on top then -- 2  2 3 --  on bottom. The
engine has no casting numbers on the side or date code, only a 6 on each
side"

A - 1965 model year
426 - 426-cid
VI - ?? unknown
2 - February
23 - 23rd
 ---> date of assembly, February 23, 1965

Now, as the engine assembly date is later than the car, the engine appears
not to be original..

The VIN should start with "R45"  (R - Plymouth Belvedere. 4 - Satellite, 5 -
1965 model year) followed by a number for the assembly plant.  The last six
didigts for the sequential production number.

Bill
Vancouver, BC