RE: Crate Hemi engines

[AD removed for archives]
Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caadKb7bOyW3Na/Ice Cream Research Survey

Brian Schlump wrote:

> My friend recently installed a 528 crate Hemi that he bought a year and
> a half ago, before the latest production run.  I followed him to the
> show on Sunday, and it appears to be burning a lot of oil on both
> acceleration and deceleration & I could smell the oil at 60 mph.   Last
> night Chip Foose (Over Hauling Show)installed a crate Hemi in a Road
> Runner and they showed a parting shot of the car driving away, and it
> was burning a lot of oil as well.  My friend's Hemi pegs his oil
> pressure ga. at 100 psi all the time.  I'm running the Mopar high
> pressure pump in my Max Wedge with 10W40 and it runs 80 psi cold and 64
> psi hot, so the 100 seems very high to me.  Does anyone in the group
> have experience with these crate Hemi engines?  If so, what is your oil
> pressure running?  Is it possible that the high oil usage is from the
> high oil pressure or is it just because the engine components haven't
> broken in yet?
>
> Brian
>
> '64 Belvedere
> Woodstock, IL.
>
> "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
> extra."

I don't have personal experience,but the consensus from various Mopar
sites is that the engines need to be torn down and gone through.They're
notorious for sloppy machining and assembly.Did he install the engine as
delivered from Mopar? If so,he probably made a mistake.

Tim Banning at FHO put one of the 528's on the dyno and only came back
with 520+ HP,not the 610 that's advertised.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
caadHk8bOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----

bOyW3N.