From: "Gary F. " <gary-futrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: 65 Satellite 426

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadHlxb7CGlRa/ProductTestPanel

The top line would be  3 above 9,  7 above 2,  23
above QR, and 132 above UVX.

   Thanks, Gary

> Your numbers have shifted from the letters above due
> to proportional
> spacing.
>
> For the numbers on the top, " 9      2    23
> 132", if you could just list
> the numbers above them and eliminate the numbers on
> the top row that are not
> used,
>
> As for the next group,
>
> ABCDEFGHIJKL--------------------------------Z
> 80   35      1       683     2
>
> AB = Engine : 80 - 426-cid, 1-4bbl carb, 10.3:1 CR.
> 365 BHP
>
> I suspect D=3 and E=5, so :
> D = Transmission - 3 : 363 : 4-speed manual, floor
> shift
> E = Heater - 5 : 405 : Heater/Defroster
>
> Again, if you could list the numbers "1       683
>  2" with the just the
> letters above them, I could decode them.
>
> SO  Number         BDY      TRM     PAINT
> 211  02303         R42       P4Y        AA1
>
> SO NUMBER = Shipping Order Number where :
> 211 - Scheduled build date - February 11, 1965
>
> BDY = Car Line / Series / Body Style :
> R - Plymouth Belvdere
> 4 - Satellite
> 2 - 2-door hardtop
>
> TRM - Interior Trim
> P - Trim Grade - Premium - Bucket Seats
> 4 - Material - Vinyl
> Y - Colour - Gold
>
> PAINT - Paint Code / Scheme
> A - Roof Colour - Medium Gold Metallic
> A - Body Colour - Medium Gold Metallic
> 1 - Style - Monotone
>
> For the engine number :
>
> "The engine pad has -- A 426  VI ---on top then -- 2
>  2 3 --  on bottom. The
> engine has no casting numbers on the side or date
> code, only a 6 on each
> side"
>
> A - 1965 model year
> 426 - 426-cid
> VI - ?? unknown
> 2 - February
> 23 - 23rd
>  ---> date of assembly, February 23, 1965
>
> Now, as the engine assembly date is later than the
> car, the engine appears
> not to be original..
>
> The VIN should start with "R45"  (R - Plymouth
> Belvedere. 4 - Satellite, 5 -
> 1965 model year) followed by a number for the
> assembly plant.  The last six
> didigts for the sequential production number.
>

> Bill
> Vancouver, BC

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
caadHlCb7CGlRf/ProductTestPanel

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Oreo's
Take our Nationwide Oreo Survey.
Receive a Free* Restaurant Gift card of your choice or a one year
supply of Oreo's. Hurry, limited time only!
caadJ9dbOyW3Nf/CookieSurvey

----

bOyW3N.