To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: Tac.

[AD removed for archives] ------------------------------------------------------------------- Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply. caadHllbUYx2xa/Nexiderm -------------------------------------------------------------------

polara_hotrods@xxxxxxx wrote:

On a 17 year old budget you can guess I don't have the bucks for a new tac.

Well, my grandad gave me one that mounts on the steering wheel, exactly what

I need. It came out of a Mustang unfortunately (it was a factory tac),

I can't seem to grip how to wire it up though. I know two wires have to go

to the coill. No problem there, only which two??? I have four: white orange

green and black. Anybody got any ideas here??? Thanks.

I dunno about the tach wiring on a Mustang, and I don't guess a brand F tach would do irrepairable harm to your Polara, but the wires on my cheapie tachs from "AwfulZone" have black, white, RED, and green wires. On them, the Red is to a switched +12 volt source, the Black is ground, Green goes to the coil _negative_ terminal, and White is to the dashboard lights for the light in the tach. Note, only ONE wire goes to the coil; the Green to the coil negative.

In my experience, the coil negative is pretty commonly used for tach
signal, but that is no guarantee that brand F didn't do it differently.
The best source would probably be a Factory Service Manual for the
Mustang.  OTOH, maybe someone else here knows for sure!  I do recall the
instructions for those AwfulZone tachs saying "don't ground the green".

Good luck!

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
caadHlCbUYx2xf/ProductTestPanel

----

[AD removed for archives]
Hershey?s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate?
Take our Nationwide Chocolate Survey today!
Receive a FREE* $100 restaurant gift card of your choice or $100 worth Hershey?s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate for participating! caadKa5bOyW3Nf/Chocolate Survey

----

bOyW3N.