down to metal or not

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
caaa9eYbOyW3Na/TopOffers
well I began body work this weekend on the coronet.
   wondering if i should strip it down to metal or scuff it.
    The factory paint job is still remarkably intact and my thinking was
    to utilize the factory  primer " E-COAT".    I have heard differing
    opinions about  this.
   some say  to take the car to metal others say u will never get a
   better primer coat than the factory  E coat.
   For experimentation this weekend I took  the factory color off  the
   roof top with just sandpaper in my hand. The factory color is so
   dried up and oxidized it just powders off the finish with ease and
   theres a nice intact primer coat beneath it.
  what do u guys think?
   any body men out there.
   Neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon

----