Re: Ol' Smokey....

[AD removed for archives]
Are you a lottery player?Play smarter! Improve your
odds  and detect winning patterns. Access the best
kept lottery secret on the Net. Easy to use!
caadOubbOyW3Na/Lottery Vault

At 09:57 PM 8/20/2005, you wrote:

>If this is a poly car, the oil return holes in the heads get plugged up when really old dirty oil goes through the engine...I had one in a 647 Dodge, and monthly I'd have to take some wire, remove the valve covers and clear these out as the oil would back up and overflow the umbrella seals on the exhaust valves, so I'd get a huge cloud of oil smoke following me when driving it. Best way to keep this from happening again is clean the engine out the best you can: remove oil pan and clean all gunk out of crank case, under the intake, and under valve covers. That stuff can be like an inch thick and will scrape off with a putty knife.

Ben,

That was one of my 3 or so suspicions.  I remember my Dad periodically
running a straightened coat hanger down the return holes of his 62 Dart when
I was teenager.  Back then, he wasn't a believer in detergent motor oils.
He always said that you never know what sort of leaks you might get
out of a high-mileage engine if you loosened up the gunk build-up :-)
My other ideas were:  too much oil in engine, or a much lighter weight
than I was supposed to get combined with some bad seals.

I took another drive just before dark and didn't see the smoke this
time, so I don't know what to think.  If it returns, I think I'll switch the
oil out to straight 30 and throw in a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil, and
maybe clean out those oil return holes too.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks for all the ideas on the smoke and the dash lights.  Hopefully,
I won't notice anything else odd, at least for a few days.

Best,

Allen Sullivant
Brentwood, Tenn.
62 Dart 440 See-dan, droopy right front bumper
66 Plymouth Belvedere Sedan, wired like a set of Christmas tree lights
dart440@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[AD removed for archives]
Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
caadOurbOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----