Re: Horsepower figures

Mopar Action just did a dyno test on the new 5.7 Hemi,
stock with all accessories, including A/C, only change
was a set of headers, it put out 372 hp and 394 ft/lb
of torque. So most motors are generally under rated.
Properly pull X amount of engines from the production
line and Dyno them and take an average. Comp Cams has
developed 3 new cams, mild, med and slightly lumpy.
The lumpy one jump the power up considerably, 409
ft/lb and 433 hp. That is 61 hp just though a cam
change. Not bad. PS that was though Cat. converters.

Dennis