To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 8:44 AM
Subject: Dwell Angle

[AD removed for archives] ------------------------------------------------------------------- Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP. Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply. caadVJYbNUHLga/Nexiderm -------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwell angle is the number of degrees during which the points are CLOSED or "dwelling toegether" as it were.
During this time the magnetic field in the coil primary is building up. It is important because it has so little time to do so. When the Points OPEN the magnetic field collapes and a voltage is induced in the coil seconadry winding which produces the spark.
A couple of reasons proper dwell is not available.

Distributor bushing worn so shaft can be moved sideways in the dist housing.
Dwell meter set on wrong setting or wrong scale being read.

Dwell affects spark strength and timing. directly
Don
Re hemi Hp rating concepts. I see i wastalking about something otherthan the rest. Sorry i had only had one coffee at the time.
By the way I am still a big hemi fan just in case anyone gets the wrong idea.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
caadVJ4bNUHLgf/911PaydayAdvance

----

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadVJZbOyW3Nf/Nexiderm

----

bOyW3N.