Re: Rebuilding a 413

First thing to do (IMHO) is find what you've got...If
a normal rebuild is possible then a machinist/engine
builder should check bores for wear/tear and advise
what is needed to get correct. This could be as simple
as nothing to boreing/honing for oversize pistons and
all the related things that go with such things...also
the crank should be checked for wear/tear...perhaps
more machineing is required to fix. (oversize bearing
, etc.) .
  Your second question (IMHO) depends on what you're
trying to create...
  A complete restored to factory specs Imperial is one
thing...a nice "cruiser/driver" is something else...
 The stock 413 engine was and is a powerful,dependable
large car propeller.../
Bob  Fortson