Any kind souls in the Bay area that would help me with a transmission re

Any kind souls in the Bay area that would help me with a transmission repair?

Hey all,

That's right, I need some serious coddling!  Atleast someone to hold
my hand and tell me its ok! I'm preparing to drop the valve body on
the transmission to fix the kickdown interface that got bamboozeled
when I swapped the engine. I have loosen it all and looked at the FSM,
but the shear number of springs and bearing and crap in there has me a
bit fearful. I want to be able to drive this sucker to the slant six
get together in 2 weeks so I am fearful of really sidelining it.

Anyone available to help me out? the car is in Menlo Park. I'll feed
and water you and just about anything else!

Dan Stern has kindly helped me get in this deep, but I'm calling in
the backup now for when those springs start flying and bearings go
a-rollin.

I will mention that I have another trans that could go in, in the
worse case scenario.  I'd just like to do this method first if at all
possible.

Weekends look good, tomorrow taking the day off, can work evenings.
The slant six get together is Sunday 9/25

Thanks!

Menko