Transmission woes and help

As I mentioned earlier, I've been having trouble with my kickdown on
my transmission.  It stopped working after I replaced my motor in
june, no matter how long I made the rod.  I was told it was most
likely a problem with the kickdown needle and pluger interaction.  I
pulled the pan and saw they don't touch (haven't disconnected the
kickdown rod above yet) but I couldn't spot anything that definitely
pointed me towards failure there.

I was advised by transmission gurus that this interaction can get
messed up, but I have no idea what to look for even when the valve
body comes down.  anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Menko

--
Menko Johnson