Subject: six pak cam

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 04:17:23 +0000
From: Sean B <polecat2@xxxxxxxx>

What's the difference between a 440 magnum cam, and a
440 magnum six
pak
cam?

Sean

Sean and list....

The stock six pack cam was a three bolt cam.

Also it had a roller chain timing gear and not a
"silent" type that would silently chip off and fill
your oil strainer at about 75,000 miles.

I also read some place that the ramps were slightly
different on the six pack cams....this is hearsay
only.

The FSM does not show any difference in specs.

The six-pack also had the heavier "hemi" style rods,
if you want a six-pack to really go, switch to the
magnum rods and thin damper. About .4 to .5 faster in
the quarter mile...

But that was our junk yard project, your results may
vary.

rob in phx

http://mail.yahoo.com