  From: Don Dulmage<mailto:big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 10:29 AM
  Subject: 400 blocks

  [AD removed for archives]
  Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
  Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
  Jerry's® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
  caad3P6bPDPOia/Ice<caad3P6bPDPOia/Ice> Cream Research Survey

  I have been buying 400 blocks lately and paying from $150 to $300 for them.
  When there is no rusty cylinders and no perceptable wear , ie I can bore them .010 I am happy.
  These little beggars are a real surprise to me. I have screwed a few mod versions together and they all are a lot faster than i thought they should be. It has peaked my interest. They need 9.5 or better compression , a good set of iron heads with 2.14 or 2.18 intakes and 1.81 exhaust  and some good porting , especially pocket porting as well as ccing to 80 to 84 ccs.(depending on compression needed and length of full throttle operation and fuel quality).  We are currently building one at 426 cubes to run in the 7200 RPM range as well as one  which will be a 400 and must be strong but super reliable. The 426 will replace the "400 cheapie" in Wagers ride but it will be hard to put that motor in storage cause it just plain rocks.
  These 400s really impress me. If I had a Road Runner or 383 car  I would use one of these giant killers in a New York Minute. The short stroke seems to give these engines a leg up and the iron heads feed them easily. And yet they can handle a good cam without trouble. Tis a very pleasing combination. Call me crazy but I really like stuff that just plain works!
  Don
  Author of
  Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
  Old Reliable (Mopar)
  http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises<http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises>

  [AD removed for archives]
  So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
  Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
  survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
  show!
  caad3QabPDPOif/Viewer<caad3QabPDPOif/Viewer> Survey

  ----

  http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html<http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html>.

[AD removed for archives]
Technology Made Easy so you can Enjoy Your Technology!
Help with PCs, iPods, network & much more. Industry Leader.
caad3QVbOyW3Nf/LightFrog

----

bOyW3N.