/^6 foundry and alum MP covers oiling.

[AD removed for archives]
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caad3P6bOyW3Na/Ice Cream Research Survey

The slant six is already built. I built it almost 1990 91 and phoned the guy who had it. He said he had never finished the 69 Dart it was for and sold  the car. He gave me the engine, the ported big valve head and the offy intake  and threw in a trans as well.
He had a set of Clifford unused Headers as well which I boiught out of gratitude although they wont work with my six carb set up so will have to make my own.so I guess i will sell these.

The foundry i used was Burt Aluminum. He was involved in the mini sub design and he and a group of friends made a deal with fidel castro to search for treasure around Cuba with his mini sub. they would split the profits. As to be expected they found zip and so there was nothing  but he had already closed his foundry. I dont know any others but i do know that there are many places that will do the pour. You pattern must be slightly oversize and must have sloping edges so it will release easily. He charged me 150 to rework my pattern which he in reality didnt do. just filled some places with clay and he charged me 150 to pour it. To be honest the wooden deal worked just excellant and never gave any trouble as we ran it for several months to be sure it was good. What about welding up a manifold.? I have a steel tunnel ram I started here but got side tracked. The slant six deal will be all welded from steel because I can work well with it . I know its heavy but the factory units are cast iron so I dont feel too bad.

The problam with the MP covers is the baffling. Greg Bolt who is a friend of mine in Campbellford Ont  redesigned the baffling and came up with a design that completley stops the problem . I will give his email in next post. I am sure ofr a bit of gold he would reproduce them. As I said they worked perfectly. No drips.  before that if he really cranked it up the oil was literly running of the firewall. Wager had trouble with the same covers and had full length bafffles welded inthem with a gap of about 1 1/2 inches at each end. It cured his problem as well . before that the oil would actually run down on the headers at top end.

Popsicle sticks were used to adjust fuel distibution. this is a idea I believe promoted by a few people who like this idea. I use jetting instead to get it right.  On the street I dont think it is much of a worry. Even at the strip unless your name is Mr Super Stock.

When making  things I use the one hour rule. I try to spend  an hour working on a project during regular working days. That way i am always geting a bit done but dont get  stir crazy about the project. Once you remove the idea from your head that you gotta have it done by a certain time frame  it is absolutely amazing what can be accomplished. Forget about the length of time and just enjoy the project.
In my other life I make homemade violins for fun in the cold winter. takes me a year to make one but that is not important what is important is how they sound and everything else is secondary.
Once you remove the time factor from you thinking and life becomes a lot more enjoyable and almost no project is undoable.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad3P2bOyW3Nf/Nationwide Survey

----

bOyW3N.