Re: fan belt emergency

I should have checked the other post first. Just a
note that the proper way to check alighnment is with a
flat edge across all four sides of involved
pulleys...i.e. alternator to water pump to power
steering and all to main crank pulley. one side
doesn't get it right...
Bob Fortson (lot'sa experience with table saws, etc.in
my wood shop )

--- laborboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane
> Katrina?

caad3P2bQmH9Ma/Nationwide
> Survey

> my fan belt keeps heating up and flying off or
> exploding. tension was
> checked. both the idler wheel and the fan were spin
> fine by hand. i
> replaced the idler wheel with a brand new one
> (Bouchillon) thinking it
> might be balky at high speeds, but the belt blew up
> again this morning.
> only thing left, I figure is a bad water pump, but
> it's only a problem
> at high speeds. any suggestions? anyone ever
> experienced this?
>
> Zack
> 64 Dodge with 383 factory a/c
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Frustrated by your Technology? Can't get it to work
> properly?
> Get HiWired! 45 min over phone, problem solved.
> Learn More.

caad3QXbQmH9Mf/LightFrog

http://mail.yahoo.com