62 Dodge a hit at Michigan race

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad3P2bOyW3Na/Nationwide Survey

Group: I took my latest 62 Dodge Polara 500 (I've owned several over the years but this one is a keeper) to the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race in central Michigan in mid September. This is a fun 2 day event held every year. Nice people and nice cars-over 100 pure stock cars from the 50s-early 70s. The car generated a lot of interest and a lot of compliments! They had not had a 62 Dodge to this event previously. A max wedge 63 Plymouth from Texas was there and I think he got into the low to mid 12s as I recall. Ran into a guy with a 62to65 cap only to find that he owns no 62to65 car but likes Mopars. (He does own a Viper).

Here's the link to the Pure Stock Drag website if anyone is interested.

http://www.geocities.com/psmcdr/

BTW my best run was a 16:34 @ 87mph-not bad for a stock 361cid with an apparently nonposi 3.08 (?) rear  (I could get no launch as I was spinning tires [tire?] and with the high rear end only used 1st and 2nd gear through the 1/4). Wait till next year. (Thinking 413 and 4.10 gears) I did manage to cut a .015 light resulting in a shout from a spectator of "Nice pass" as I later walked by.

Rich in KY

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caad3QabOyW3Nf/Viewer Survey

----

bOyW3N.