From: Jim500mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:44:23 EDT
Subject: Re: Fall Fling show & swap, Van Nuys, CA

[AD removed for archives]
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry's® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caad3P6b7dM2ha/Ice Cream Research Survey

I just got home from it.....didn't see much, though, as I am a club member
and got set up early to sell my parts & stuff & had to stay with my spot.  Even
though I am a presenting club member, I do honestly think the two Flings are
good shows, worth anybody's time.

We are having increasing trouble with the city.  A few years ago, they
demanded that nobody could drive within or leave the park from 10am until 2pm, a

senseless rule that resulted in Jay Leno no longer showing up with cool vehicles

like his "tank car".  Now, they doubled our park rental fee, claiming we had
been getting by for less than actual cost for some years.  And, this time, they
said nobody could park across the street on public curb, forcing many into a
pay-to-park place.

Our spring 2-day show (April 15) is just about to outgrow the place, and we'd
like to be somewhere to race at same time.  But, Pomona and Fontana tracks
want nearly all our profits, Palmdale too far away.

It still looks like Woodley Park in Van Nuys will be the spot next April.
One thing I think will improve is that club officers are discussing hiring
additional security guards to allow the regular-guy sellers to leave their stuff

out all Saturday night if they wish, like the big pro vendors.  Currently, they
have to pack up Sat and unpack again Sunday AM.

Didn't mean to sound like it's a problem show, it's quite good, many folks
come in from many states to get the good sights and big swap.

[AD removed for archives]
Frustrated by your Technology? Can't get it to work properly?
Get HiWired! 45 min over phone, problem solved. Learn More.
caad3QXb7dM2hf/LightFrog

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly
to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as
other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse
public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume
of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Frustrated by your Technology? Can't get it to work properly?
Get HiWired! 45 min over phone, problem solved. Learn More.
caad3QXbOyW3Nf/LightFrog

----

bOyW3N.